View Single Post
      03-21-2019, 06:12 AM   #35
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Best in class because there was nothing really available other than the Q7 and maybe the Range Rover if you want to consider it, but doesn't mean it was that impressive.

To be perfectly honest, if I were the targeted client for full size SUV's, I would have consider the Escalade over the GL but with the X7 now in the mix, it is at the top of the list for me. At least for now until the next-gen GLS is released.
Objectively speaking, BMW didn’t move the needle, they entered the fray. There’s a difference. They actually took a step back from the GL, their direct competitor, with regard to interior space. That being said, I love it. No vehicle is perfect but the exterior and interior are home runs to me and BMW killed it this gen. Also, I consider a 40i a great value proposition at 85k for example compared to a comparable GLS, Q7, Navi, etc. If they moved the needle, it’s with regard to value.

I own a g05. G07 incoming. I have had a Yukon, Escalade, three Ranges, a Q7. And I have shopped everything under the sun in this genre, exhaustively, for two decades. Speaking from experience, the difference between a good and great seven seater is vast. The GL has always been great. The rest are good and very compromised. The Americans make great truck based people haulers with vast amounts of room inside that can be dressed up with leather and chrome. They don’t drive like the Q7, X7 and GLS., though. Entirely different experience. I once considered them competitors but stopped a decade ago after having put 10s of 1000s of miles on both. Apples and oranges. Different leagues.
Appreciate 2
SaintD4.00
Vivek.1363.50