Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Waze has this for awhile now.
Only when there is a delay on the road you are on, then Waze will show you a text balloon for the alternative road.

But if there are no delays, you don't get the balloons on Waze.

With Google Maps you get the balloons all the time at every major intersection or highway which is the functionality I'm referring to. All maps do a good job of rerouting around significant delays. I'm talking about when there are no delays and Road X is only 1 minute shorter than Road Y and Road Y is the one you're most comfortable with. Google let's you see at a glance that it doesn't make much of a difference which road you choose so you can confidently go off the recommended route and go the way you prefer.
I get dotted lines showing me alternate routes with time. Just had it today. And since Waze actively switches you to the faster route more so than google it doesn't need to do it the way google does. Google just keeps showing you every which way to get to your destination which frankly isn't required considering most of them are only 1-3 min difference and usually just "similar time" but hey to each his own.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0