06-20-2019, 12:35 PM   #63
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3xDrive

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'm little confused with below comment. So please see my comments below and let me know if you agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Based on my initial experience with iOS13 Beta, I think you will still need a separate "patch" to get widescreen working.
I have been running iOS 13 for a few weeks now since beta 1 release. CarPlay WideScreen (fullscreen) on ID5 does not work in iOS 13 or 12, without coding. Coding is required. I did pay to get it coded and have it working. I have posted in different thread on this.

Quote:
Coding ID5 to ID6 is very easy and only requires an app like BimmerCode or a PC running E-sys as long as your iDrive hardware in the car will support - which most 2016+ F3x/F8x support. It only requires a few coding parameter changes that are known and can be found on the forums.
I do have BimmerCode App but I was't aware of it supported coding from ID5 to ID6. I will look it up but if you are aware of forums, please PM me.

Quote:
The coding patch for widescreen CarPlay is not "out in the open" yet, at least from what I have seen thus far. That is one feature paid coders are still holding close so they can make some money. That said, I don't know if the CarPlay widescreen patch is a true patch (which requires more in-depth coding knowledge) or just a simple coding parameter(s) that is deep inside the iDrive ECU that is not easily recognizable or obvious to find (and there are a TON of codable parameters inside each ECU - all with German abbreviations).
Agreed, I had to pay for it... it not available for Free. BMW dealer don't do it and BimmerCode says not possible when I reached out to them.

Quote:
The differences between ID6 and ID5 are largely cosmetic. But I prefer the look and layout of ID6 over ID5...
Agreed cosmetic change is nice.. if its just coding .. I would love to code.

Question: What ID model do you have?

Last edited by ct335i; 06-20-2019 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: changes
Appreciate 0