01-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #4
oceanview
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 335i F31 RWD Autom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton_RU View Post
1) Are they a lot better than the stock 435i brakes? Is it worth it?
2) I read a lot of threads where people complain about unpleasant noise from the brakes. Most probably it's happening because the rotors are only partly holed, so the air doesn't circulate through the rotors. The question is - is it inevitable?
3) Finally just a cosmetic issue - my car is Saphire black with OEM 19" wheels. I am not really a fan of colored calipers, but with the M Performance they are either orange, yellow or red. I am inclining more towards red. What do you guys think? Also another option is to paint the calipers gloss black (the color of the car) - I never saw anyone doing that, but in my opinion it might look pretty good, without attracting too much attention to the calipers.
1) Better. Especially in wet braking conditions!
At the front, you can use either the M Performance Brake Pads or the one which are currently originally installed. The M Performance Pads have a soft bite when touching the brakes. I like that, because it allows soft stopp at low speed (city stop and go). The original pads have a more agressive initial bite (As I read in this forum)
Is it worth it? About 4K is quite an investment. If you keep the car just for a short time, probably not. I personally LOVE them! I just don't like the brake dust.

2) You only hear that, while driving with a window down and in a tunnel or where the noise gets reflected from a wall. It never annoyed me. It's a soft "tz tz tz tz tz" sound. It's in no kind noisy for the other people outside on the street.

3) Red on Black? Like VW, Skoda, Audi, Honda Civic
Well it's your car! But they all do red!
I can offer you a view on orange on saphire black:
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/alb...ictureid=47192
335i F31 RWD in SB || Powertrain: Active Autowerke Flash Tune Stage 1 | AA Charge Pipe | AA FMIC | GFB DV+ | xHD Trans-Flash | Quaife LSD | Cyba 3.5" Carbon tips || Chassis: 20" 405M | Wiechers Strut Bar | Rear M-Diffusor || Brakes: 18" M-Perf Brake orange 370/345 | EBC YellowStuff pads all around || Various: LED bulbs: Fog-L. front | Turn Signal f&r | Brake L. | Reverse L. | Rear L. | Rear Fog L.
Appreciate 0