08-13-2021, 03:42 PM   #60
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
I was watching a program on TV featuring this shop that restored and converted sports cars to EV. It was pretty darn cool.

Had an old 80's 911 fully restored but EV. I forgot how much power and torque but it was damn cool.

I was thinking there is hope for ICE style EV "performance".

Although I'm in the manual shift camp. I'm sure they can figure a way to cut power then re-engage to give the feel of gear shifts.
I feel like you can "unlock" more performance in an EV car in the future. Similar to tesla's acceleration boost that you can purchase for your tesla for 2000 dollars. Although your tesla has to be the dual motor.

It will essentially increase your 0-60 time by 1/2 a second. Might sound like a waste of money but 1/2 second to 60 faster is pretty substantial when you factor in how consistent those cars can do it.

I do think there won't be that endless amount of modifications you can do to your car anymore.Those days will be over. Many speed shops would probably go out of business. A lot of your mechanic shops will close (or at least once everyone drops their older ICE car for an EV) and we'll all be living the same type of "car life".

You either have a slow EV. A basic point and shoot car. Your luxury EV. Then your supercar/hypercar type of EV.

No more modifications. No more tinkering. You just find the car you like, in terms of looks, and if you're ok with the performance, then great because that's all you're going to get lol
Appreciate 0