darrko
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 Comp. Ed.

Garage List
2016 BMW M5  [0.00]
daily wash - good?

I am lucky that my car gets hand-washed every day. Its a black Accord and I can definitely see swirl marks all over. My car on order is Sophisto Grey and here's what I want to know:

1. Are there any pitfalls in getting the car washed every day? I live in a city which gets a lot of dust so not washing it is not really an option, the car would just look awful.

2. What tools would be the best for a daily wash? I realize I may have to train the guy who does the washing, I know he uses the car wash cloth but definitely does not believe in disposing it once it wears out. Which brand of car wash cloth and which type (terry, micro fiber etc) is recommended?

3. What other material is recommended? Which car shampoo, wax etc? We don't have professional detailers here so whatever you guys recommend, will have to be procured and explained to the guy who does it.

4. Should the interior be treated frequently as well, the leather seats and dash? Any recommended cleaning solutions? We get a lot of sun and heat so I am concerned about the leather cracking.
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S (retired)
2023 X5 xDrive45e
Appreciate 0