View Single Post
      05-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #45
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

I knew the condition wouldn't be nearly as bad as indicated. In fact, I am pretty sure one polishing step could remove 90% of those swirls. Two will be more than enough to get out 99% of the marring. I think I saw three scratches/chips that will require sanding, all of them under 3 inches. Honestly, having seen those pictures I'd quote 6 hours @ $75/hr, so $450 (which, incidentally is the package price on my site I give to people with cars in your condition). I think $300 is a little low because of the three scratches that qill require sanding; that's ~45 min to an hour of work alone. Like Shim said, get me a plane ticket and I'll do the detail.

And fwiw, there is nothing wrong with a $1200 detail. I've done concours cars for quite a bit more than that; but that's an entirely different animal. The OPs car essentially needs what we do every day.

Wash, clay, SIP/orange (maybe even white), 106ff/white or grey, jetseal, wax, profit. 6-8 hours tops. In fact, I'd schedule another car the same day. :/
Appreciate 0