View Single Post
      08-19-2019, 04:03 PM   #1
Brukes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328ix / 2020 X7 40i

IAS / DHP Questions

I am going to be ordering a new X7 in the coming month and am trying to figure out if the IAS and /or DHP package are worth it.

Live in the New York City Area / Westchester so the added maneuverability and shorter turning radius would be very useful.

The challenge I have been having is actually finding one to test drive (or even, tbh, a CA that knows enough about the package/features of the DHP) - there really aren't any in my area available to take for a spin to compare (BMW of Manhattan has one, but it's not available for test drive).

I'm hoping that the forum can offer some insight and answer a couple questions:

1. I can't find any data online as to what the turning radius is with / without IAS - has anyone seen it? Any idea of the % improvement?

2. Does IAS make it noticeably easier to maneuver / park?

3. What's the learning curve time to get used to the IAS? And worst case, can it be disabled if you end up feeling uncomfortable to drive with the IAS?

4. DHP - I'm leaning towards not getting it as it seems quite steep for the active comfort drive / road preview (essentially $2K when you net out the standalone cost of the brakes + IAS). Active comfort drive / road preview seems to be only a marginal improvement and requires navigation to be running for it to be in use - would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0