View Single Post
      08-19-2019, 06:21 PM   #3
jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brukes View Post
I am going to be ordering a new X7 in the coming month and am trying to figure out if the IAS and /or DHP package are worth it.

Live in the New York City Area / Westchester so the added maneuverability and shorter turning radius would be very useful.

The challenge I have been having is actually finding one to test drive (or even, tbh, a CA that knows enough about the package/features of the DHP) - there really aren't any in my area available to take for a spin to compare (BMW of Manhattan has one, but it's not available for test drive).

I'm hoping that the forum can offer some insight and answer a couple questions:

1. I can't find any data online as to what the turning radius is with / without IAS - has anyone seen it? Any idea of the % improvement?

2. Does IAS make it noticeably easier to maneuver / park?

3. What's the learning curve time to get used to the IAS? And worst case, can it be disabled if you end up feeling uncomfortable to drive with the IAS?

4. DHP - I'm leaning towards not getting it as it seems quite steep for the active comfort drive / road preview (essentially $2K when you net out the standalone cost of the brakes + IAS). Active comfort drive / road preview seems to be only a marginal improvement and requires navigation to be running for it to be in use - would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.
I am in the Westchester array and I have both IAS and highly recommend it. I am continually surprised by how many turns I can make.

The care also feels way more maneuverable than my prior BMW which was a 2016 328 GT. It feels snappier changing lanes at high speed.

If anyone is in the Westchester area without IAS and would like to meet up to film the turning radius with me in an empty parking lot let me know.