View Single Post
      09-06-2005, 05:30 AM   #9
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchild
thats right, it better have iDrive function. I don't want dominic's of navtv because that requires a video switcher and it is not oem or simple. you have to video "switch out" to something else... soooo uncool.

i hope the iDrive functionality will be nice... Plus, passengers can watch DVD on the left screen while you can watch directions for navigation on the small right screen. i saw a photo of it somewhere of a E90 in Africa with right hand drive with a dvd just like how i described it. DVD video on the wide portion of the screen and the secondary square portion utilized for navigation... sweet.
I donīt think itīll work that way. My guess is, itīll be a simple (or complex if you like) RGB switcher as has been done plenty of times before. So itīs either I-drive or Aux, but not a mix. To be integrated in I-drive, theyīd have to mod the I-drive-SW and I donīt think thatīs been done jet. Besides, I-drive and the prof nav are buggy allready, do you really want someone to hack that?

Maybe someon should go and request details from the vendor as to how it really works. Or the first adopter should be asked to post a DIY and a review before everybody jumps the bandwaggon.