View Single Post
      09-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #16
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

i spoke with them again. they called me. very nice people. they are willing to do a group buy. buts its gonna be a one time only deal when it first comes out, which should be in about 3-4 weeks. it doesnt use the idrive. they agreed that the stock idrive is already buggy.
its gonna be about 550. they couldnt give me an idea of what the discount will be yet.
its the same exact unit that will work with the new 5 and the new 6.
its got a video amplifier built in for people that wanna add 2 or 3 more screens. its got 3 video camera inputs, which is totally unnessacarry, but fun. one of the 3 will automatically display when the car is put into reverese. its got 4 audio/video inputs, one of which is an S video. so you can have a ps2, dvd changer, x box AND mobile computer at the same time.
here is the email they sent me

Hi Derek,

We will consider doing a one time group buy for the release of a new system if you will organize it.

With the new system, you will be able to do not just the back-up camera but also the front and side camera if the user wishes to. With the front Cam install, when you parallel park, the system will automatically switches between the front and rear cams. This plug&play system is already available for all BMW (except the new 3,5,&6 series). Please, check back with us.

anyway. let me know if you are interested. im assuming the 5 people mark will lower it just a little, and the 10 people mark will lower it a decent amount. im sure there are 10 people on here that would like to watch dvds on their stock screen!
Appreciate 0