View Single Post
      06-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
katatonia
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi 6mt

PPI came back - need opinions

I'm buying a 2011 335xi 3500kms away and will be driving it back. I had the seller take the car to a small bmw indie shop as that was the best option near him. The mechanic told me the car needs 4 new tires, a wheel bearing and a 4 wheel alignment, and an oil change. I asked him if he thought the car would be safe to at least drive home and he said absolutely no way on those front tires. He said the alignment is pretty bad and is chewing the tires, but the wheel bearing will be fine until I get it home. I called the seller and gave him the news and he got offended and said that's bs and they will be fine and sent me pics of tread on each. They look worn but I don't see how they couldn't take 3500 more kms? Is the shop just scaring me into buying tires from him? I would rather just buy those locally.

View post on imgur.com

Also, the seller said that the service light is only on because it's on a timer? He said he had the oil changed 5000kms ago and the car has been parked for the last 8 months or so. Thoughts on this? I'll be changing the oil when I get home, just wondering if I'll be able to do 3500 highway kms on this oil if it is indeed past due.
Appreciate 0