View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #300
DenverMisanthrope
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i (ordered), 540i xDrive

Mine completed production last week... so, in total, it was a little less than a month from the time I placed the order to the time production was finished. However, I'm doing performance center delivery (just a couple more days!) so that timeframe doesn't include shipping time in my case.

One thing I thought was sort of funny... this past weekend, I opened the BMW Connected app to check mileage on my 540i (because I'd read that if you're significantly under on lease miles, you get a partial refund) and at first I noticed that the app was indicating the fuel was only at 13%... which seemed wrong, since I'd just refueled the day before. Turns out the new X7 is already showing up in my BMW Connected app, and I was looking at that vehicle. For kicks, I tried the Remote 3D View function, and while it said it was currently disabled, there was a 3D view already saved in it.

What's weird is that the view clearly shows the BMW headquarters building in Munich outside the window of whatever building is shown in the immediate surroundings (I'm sure someone will recognize it, but I have no idea). I'm assuming the software simply has a default, pre-rendered 3D view it uses when the Remote 3D View feature hasn't been activated yet. But I thought it was funny:

Appreciate 2
760Lifan450.50
aas5172.50