Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
We just got issued AXON 3 body worn cameras and Samsung Galaxy cellular phones. The AXON software installed on the phones allow us to review video from our cameras on the fly and add metadata. I really didn't want cams, but at least the department purchased good equipment.
I have mixed feelings about the body cams, at first I was strongly against them and mostly because of bureaucratic BS issues that my old department would pull with stuff like this but given the footage that they capture they can often clear things up for officers involved in all kinds of things that would end up in a public outcry....still often does but at least they provide good evidence for court, you racist cops are still going to get hammered in the court of public opinion though.....it's good to be retired.
Your final point hammers home my sentiment as well. We've already seen the cameras help (...e.g....a deputy was involved in a TC and the camera recorded the green light, so it really helped him out) and we've already seen the cameras hurt (...e.g. Sgts looking for stuff to ding deputies and administer days off).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson.e88 View Post
If you were to pull over two people in the same situation for speeding (10, 15mph over) would you be more likely to give a ticket to the person with the radar detector?
Not at all. Demeanor, attitude, etc. weighs more heavily than anything else.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00