View Single Post
      03-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #7
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter07043
Looks like it's difficult and expensive to retrofit / integrate into iDrive . . .
Yep. You got it. Difficult and expensive.
Dude, save yourself headaches, time, trouble and a whole lot of cash and just go for the Motorola HF850 add-on kit (google it - about $125 or so).
Because I thought my wife's BT was so very cool, and was pi$$ed that she had something that I didn't, I installed the HF850 in my e46.
frankly, I didn't expect great things for this price, but . . . except for the fact that the iDrive interface is very cool in her car, I'm not lying when I tell you that the features, clarity, and overall ease of use of my cheap little aftermarket 850 kit are actually better -- yes, better -- than hers.
Also search the forums for HF850 as I think I responded to someone else with some installation tips (albeit in my e46 and NOT an e90). While I installed it myself 'cuz I'm not afraid to take my e46 apart, I'd have gone with a pro on my wife's car (because she is afraid of me taking her car apart). Any good stereo installer could do it in less than an hour because it's only one switched, and one unswitched, power wire, plus some hiding of boxes, tucking of wires, and mounting of the mike and the speaker.
Seriously, it's a good product at a good price -- no need to go for the more expensive model now available from Motorola.
Mike