07-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #15
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
"....I can maybe put up with the overly meaty steering wheel in exchange for what happens when you put your foot down (which is absolutely sensational)..."

"...I think the 1M is an absolute scream. Not only is it outrageously rapid in a straight line (especially so with a tank of superjuice I've noticed) but it also has an old-fashioned feel and composure in the twisty bits that is a rare delight to sample in 2011. The sort that's been missing from M-Cars for too long. It actually talks to you, this car and the conversation it makes most of the time is pretty fascinating."
I don't have any problem with the steering, and love the way it puts power down - as long as you are in the right gear.

It talks to you alright, but it didn't tell me it's about to scrap a curb, ouch. What happen was I didn't feel the drop off on the side of the road that I used to with my 135i as the tyre is wider. <-- my fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clived View Post
I've got to say that whilst I notice a small modality in the exhaust note, I really wouldn't call it a drone.
It is some what improving (or I am getting used to it), but it was really loud when I first took delivery at 110km in 6th gear. Now it still drones, but definitely bearable. Too bad I forgot to record the sound level, but I might do it today, and check it out again at a later date.
Appreciate 0