06-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #13
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I firmly believe a sound body leads to a sound mind and everything comes after that. I see so many people that don't seem to care about their own health and activity and I see the laziness permeate through nearly every facet of their lives. This is what we have taught.
It's an outgrowth of the entitlement many Americans feel is their birthright for a variety of reasons too numerous to go into here. The key to interpreting that statement properly is to understand that there are basically as many reasons for feeling entitled as there are people -- and everyone feels their reasons are superior to everyone else's.

Fundamentally, yes -- physically, mentally, ideologically, and spiritually, this is laziness. But it's laziness borne partially through ignorance -- and a self-driving car would empower that ignorance for a class of citizen that largely lives in individually tailored and inflated bubbles.

Remember NIMBY? Not In My Back Yard?

Today it's NIMB. Not In My Brain.

It's scary. And it's why I'll drive my own car until the day I die.
Appreciate 1
sirdaft12202.50