View Single Post
      05-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #10
jml
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M, GT3RS, GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Hey jml: Where are those videos you were going to post up? I am stil certainly dying the hear your car and am considering more or less duplicating your mod.
It'll be easier if you just fly down to Austin and drive it for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
JML, thats good news. Hmm. Perhaps I'll change my idea if it looks to be a pita. What cutouts did you use btw? The Race Ready ones? Oh, also can you describe how you normally use it? Does you just leave them open all the time.. back them down when you are feeling less obnoxious.. and close them when you want it quiet? I read that you said it was mildly louder when closed than before the modification. Still true? Thanks for any feedback on usability.

To that point, I thought this digital controller for the cutouts was neat.. http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/...ller/index.php

This is a long shot, but does anyone know if this would work with the Race Ready Cutouts (I read that qtp cutouts were not great, so thats why the mix and match)? I would assume yes because I'd imagine it just duplicates a momentary switch, but perhaps there is some voodoo around calibrating the open and close positions.
No idea if it will work. It's not a real servo and there is no position feedback to the controller, so I don't know what basis the percent open/closed would work on. The Raceready units have a lifetime warranty and so far they are holding up.

Open/closed, depends how I feel. I feel it's abusive in my yuppy neighborhood, but if I am by myself it is open everywhere else unless I am listening to music or on the phone.
Appreciate 0