11-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #17
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn999 View Post
Because if you remember correctly this was an added warranty, specifically for the hpfp. The other shit like like actuators, plugs, coils, injectors...etc are known problems but are not near as frequent as the HPFP. I myself have already been though 2. The HPFP is not only a major mechanical issue it has now become a safety hazard, which can easily turn into a class action lawsuit(and if you are up to date on that kind of thing, there is already a class action lawsuit brewing in CA). So, I feel that BMW can void my warranty on all that other shit and it wont really worry me, but if they void the HPFP warranty I will flip the fuck out. There is no reason to void the warranty if the people with stock cars are having the same issues with the HPFP, I could understand if modded cars were going though more of them, but sorry my friend, thats not the case.
If your drivetrain warranty gets voided so is the warranty or any other action related to the HPFP.