like2short
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post

What's your take? And remember, there's no need to criticizes another persons opinion. If you can afford a X7 you have just as much right as the next owner to state your views.
I've got an F36 and an E46 with sport suspensions when I want to drive aggressively. It's what BMW coupes are made for.

My X7 40i is a 6-passenger soccer mom family cruiser and at that it excels. All passengers have plenty of leg and shoulder room. All passengers have individual high speed USB-C ports. Cabin is quiet as a mouse. Leather is comfy and cozy. All that steel and all those airbags make it extremely safe.

From a performance standpoint the 6 cylinder is still a rocket, I've had no issues at all merging quickly into traffic from a dead stop, and passing someone on the highway and that needed surge from 55 to 85 is right there when needed.

When one gets older and earns some real money and the carseat kids turn into teens, it's time to ditch the minivan and step up to a SUV that is almost its equal in utility and its superior in all other areas. The X7 is that vehicle. It's the antidote for the Honda Odyssey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post

What's your take? And remember, there's no need to criticizes another persons opinion. If you can afford a X7 you have just as much right as the next owner to state your views.
I've got an F36 and an E46 with sport suspensions when I want to drive aggressively. It's what BMW coupes are made for.

My X7 40i is a 6-passenger soccer mom family cruiser and at that it excels. All passengers have plenty of leg and shoulder room. All passengers have individual high speed USB-C ports. Cabin is quiet as a mouse. Leather is comfy and cozy. All that steel and all those airbags make it extremely safe.

From a performance standpoint the 6 cylinder is still a rocket, I've had no issues at all merging quickly into traffic from a dead stop, and passing someone on the highway and that needed surge from 55 to 85 is right there when needed.

When one gets older and earns some real money and the carseat kids turn into teens, it's time to ditch the minivan and step up to a SUV that is almost its equal in utility and its superior in all other areas. The X7 is that vehicle. It's the antidote for the Honda Odyssey.

I could not have said it better!!! Our Prior family ride was the Odyssey before the x7 40i. I still have it for doing dirty work like taking kids to sports and picking up bulky stuff. Are bigger engines nice to have? Of course! Is it worth it? For me no, but that's a personal decision. If I went v8, I'd go M50i otherwise I'd wish I spent less and got the 40i or spent more to get big power if I had the 50i.
Appreciate 1
LittleJoe1065.00