View Single Post
      08-10-2019, 08:30 AM   #9
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedbay View Post
you obviously never drove one. it was a raw and most importantly fun car with its M3 mechanicals. That's like critiquing the last of the true to its heritage M3 - last normally aspirated inline 6. The old top gear video explains this car and its driving personality perfectly. But I understand you may not get it as a driver of an SUV at that. Sports car guys get it and know. Grocery Getter guys may not get it - an M on and SUV doesn't make it a sports car - oh wait they call it an "Sport Activity Vehicle". Enjoy the trip to Target, I prefer my twisty canyon roads.

Was sad to just sell it. One thing nice about the 1815 sold in total in NA (about 300 in Interlago Blue) was its uniqueness, especially here in the bay area. The resell value on it even w 100K miles was 26K on a 2007 which surprised the heck out of me. One reason I hesitated as the values have been increasing with so few on the road. Like missing an old girlfriend with a quirky personality who was the best "drive" of your life, if you knew how to drive and bring out the fun. Certainly more fun than the heavy girl - I mean SUV....
I think you are responding to someone else about some other comment.

This is a thread about the Z4 20i manual transmission car.
Appreciate 0