View Single Post
      08-28-2008, 09:43 AM   #17
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I tried searching e90post and google for answers but got a lot of conflicting info. Technic seems to imply that the old cradle supported attaching to both the 6FL and to the charger/sharkfin port in the cradle at the same time. But others claim it was an either/or proposition. If the latter is true, then the advantage is more clear cut and very worthwhile IMHO.

One other nice thing about the new 6NF is that it is designed to work with the iphone 3G whereas the old one was designed for the first gen iphone only and does not really fit the new 3G properly. Of course, they could (and should, really) create a new cradle so non-6NF cars can accomodate the 3G but there's no guarantee that will happen.

Either way though, from what I can tell, 6NF still uses bluetooth for phone connectivity.
Sorry that I was not clear, the old cradle did not support the USB plug at the same time that the phone was in the cradle. What I meant was that that dual connection configuration, even if it was possible, was the only way to use the current craddle for both powering the phone/antenna connection and music playback.

The new 6NL option does take care of that now in a single connection.
Appreciate 0