View Single Post
      05-18-2022, 07:25 AM   #12
bmoss1610
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Comp; 2022 M5 Comp

Power Up Question

This is excellent and super helpful, thanks! I wired up my detector in my 2022 M5 the same way and it works well, with one odd thing: If I'm in and out of the car during the day, the detector will power up, stay on when I leave the car, and then power down after the delay (10 min or so) consistently. However, when I leave the car overnight, the detector will not power up when I start the car, it requires that I press the power button (on the detector) and then it powers up normally. I'm taking a guess that the car has a "smart" power management system where it supplies less than full power to circuits after "going to sleep" and that it then provides full power when the attached device calls for it? Any thoughts on whether that's possible? Anyone else had this happen? Either way, thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
Hello All.

F90 front fuse box. Located lateral front passenger side under the removable panel below glove box.

Front most row of large fuses F20 to F29 are switched off (about a 10 minute time out).

Rear most row of large fuses F48 to F59 are constant.

Slot 23 and Slot 49 are not used so perfect for a Fuse Tap connection.

The "Hot" side of the fuses is the outside (lateral side) so you need to orient your fuse tap properly. Fuse Tap requires BOTH fuses be plugged in since the first fuse (the one that ends up closer to the fuse box) provides fused protection for BOTH the circuit you are taping and to the FUSE tap output fuse. I checked it's wire setup with volt meter.

More photos on takedown of panels to follow.

Photos not great, iPhone, dark garage....cropped. LOL. I'll reshoot with my Canon EOS 1DX with Flash later. (JK, I am not)

Mike
Appreciate 0