08-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #1046
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yeah hoping that consistency part pays off here. I've been at it 30 years as well and legs always a sore spot for me. Ive gained some weight with my diet and train hard though always wonder why it hasnt paid off more, blame self, and am on a long term plan to get there. However I will never reach far enough so no worries about letting up anytime soon, hate days off and enjoy the work. Journey and all.
You know what you're doing...you have put up impressive numbers. Sometimes some muscles just don't cooperate. Then you go on that endless journey of low weight high reps, high weight low reps, train every 3,4,5 days.....just trying to figure out what works for you.

But sometimes it's genetics. You're a tall person, so it will take quite a bit to show up. But I bet your making progress.

I have certain points that bite me in the ass when it comes to genetics. I feel like my bicep peaks aren't as good as they could be, my lats could insert lower into my waist line, I'm a "thick" guy....so not aesthetically pleasing to look at....and the list goes on.

But I workout with a guy that is about 1" taller than me, weighs about 230lbs, and has a 29" waist at its largest. Plus he can eat what and when he wants, and it doesn't matter. Genetics trump everything, but it doesn't mean you can't maximize your own and look completely different!