Thread: X7 vs Model X
View Single Post
      02-16-2020, 08:22 PM   #10
Eternalthinker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

I have both. And on my Model X, I had a 2016 P90D, which was in the shop for 100+ days split out in about 6 months time. Issues I had were with falcon wing failures to close especially on hot days. I eventually went to Tesla as I had enough and they just bought the car back at full price including the taxes / fees. They offered to me a brand new build of the P100D and said would get me the car within 2 months. I took delivery of it in Jan 2018 and still have the car today along with a '20 Model 3, '13 +'16 Model S

My personal thoughts. Musk and Tesla continually overpromise and underdeliver at every point of my ownership. On my 2nd Model X I had a lon conversation with NA sales exec and he promised that all the sensor issues and falcon winf problems were fixed. To be fair, my 2nd X did not have to be towed because I could not close the falcon wing doors. However I continied to have issues with the following:

1. Falcon wing does not open when the sun shines on the door for several hrs. Even at 80 degrees this issue was common. We got around it by just having my kids exit the other side
2. Phantom braking - when I used the autopilot feature for no reason the car would hard brake st freeway speeds. This is extremely dangerous and when I first reported it, the dealer wanted the exact day / time condition it happened. I gave them the information and never heard back.

Some of you may ask why I didn't bring it back in for service. I have the full line up from Tesla and these issues especially with Autopilot is standard. If you google phantom braking you will find that this is a known issue. I have lost faith in this company, which is why I am now in the process of selling the Model X. I personally do not like wasting time on things that Tedla could not fix and rather just walk away.

I am quite happy with the X7 so far with the exception of horrendous service from Fremont BMW.
Appreciate 0