05-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #13
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEDI View Post
by the way how did you get those splitters installed, what steps/process was involved?
I have mine waiting in closet.
Initially i used the two screws in the bottom to mock it up. I then used painters tape to outline where i wanted them. I made sure to clean the backside of the splitter and the bumper really well with rubbing alcohol. I placed the 3m tape on the bumper about 1/8" below the tape line (this is because the splitters have a slight lip to them and you dont want to see the tape) Alternatively, you could apply the tape the splitter, not sure why i did the opposite. i started from the wheel well opening to "hook" the splitter on the corner correctly and to make sure it sat in the groove on the bumper at the top of the splitter. I then slowly "rolled' the splitter into place pressing firmly along the way. I then used painters tape to hold it in place. I also put 3m on the bottom of the bumper as well. After, i secured with the OEM screws in the bottom. This took some effort to get them to thread as the splitter increased the space between the screw and the clip it screws into. I would suggest trying to find a longer screw similar to the OEM screw.

Cant remember if i told you or not, but definitely cover these splitters with 3m clear vinyl protectant. mine look like crap at that bottom edge. so bad that i put a thin strip of black vinyl (aka electrical tape) to hide the issue until i install the second set i have waiting.