View Single Post
      06-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #14
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

It's been awhile since I have been to that area, so I hope my recommendations are still there.

I wish I knew the name, but it's in Carmel and it's a small German restaurant north of the main street that runs straight through town. It's a small town, ask any local and you will get where it is. That's how we got informed about it.

My wife and I walked up to the door, it's a smallish attached building, and we were greated by a nice lady. She asked if we had reservations, we looked past her and saw a TOTALLY empty room, but we politely said no we did not. We thought she was nuts asking. She seated us anyway. We were about to bolt, because frankly, the set up was just "odd". In no more than 15-20 minutes the place was JAM PACKED with people and we proceeded to eat one of our most favortie meals EVER from ANYWHERE. IMO California Reislings suck though, but that was not their fault, some people like them.

Clint Eastwoods "Restaurant/Motel" setup was suprisingly good too. We ate there twice in two different years. Both times the food and service were well above average, though not spectacular.

In Pacific Grove we had another great dinner at the Sardine Factory. This place could be construed as a bit touristy, but the food and service was excellent. And the sommelier set us up with a note card with our wine label since it was our anniversary that evening.

We will definately go back to these places the next time we are in that area if they are still around.
Appreciate 0