View Single Post
      04-14-2020, 12:11 PM   #87
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda

You people are on crack!!
No one is debating why we need suvs or projected sales etc etc..
Issues and gripes i believe=
M brand diluting
( i dont care if its M on a car or holographic pokemon cards.. if everything has a M .. or holographic , even your underwear.. than its not "special"
If M has meant the difference between commute car/and a "race" semi ready car.. then why cant you understand that people get upset when they pay premium dollar for the "exclusivity" of a M..
But yet nowadays... they put a M all over the car with no M guts.. thus making the M almost irrelevant unless it only has one numeral after it. As it should b!!
I know, your gonna say.. well abc car company has been doing it since blah blah blah.. ok fine but this is a bmw community and i only care about the M .. let benzo trash amg all day i could care less..
Second main gripe wich u analytical re -res keep skimming over with your resale/ projected future revenue streams etc etc...
Is the simple fact that if you have 6 suvs to choose from.. and 8 sedans... theyrs some dilution there as well..
Building a new platform shouldnt b a thing every 3 years .. starting a "series" and then closing it 5 years later to only intruduce something similar under another name.. some call it marketing..
I believe think people with that gripe its more of a overkill.. remember .. 8 diff sedans need 8 diff parts stock..you need troubleshooting for all 8 diff sedans..
Some would say.. well no, cuz out of the 8 , 6 use the same chassis headlighy etc..... EXACTLY THE POINT!! Dont fix what aint broken..why have 8 of almost the same..its redundant
40 diff models cheapens the product in my opinion.. regardless of demand.. keep in mind were not talking low income ecojomy cars here.. bmw has always " demanded" prestigiousness..
Maybe headed in the direction of mercedes wich is sad.. as the benz deff lacks what it was as far as "class"