11-30-2021, 04:49 PM   #247
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
It is an absolutely annoying phenomenon that started way back with, "Merry Christmas" and the Pledge of Allegiance's "….One nation, under God, indivisible and with Liberty…." statement. It has morphed into everything offending everybody. You can't even state that men are biologically different than women these days (…e.g…a scientific fact) without offending someone, but in the same breath they'll tell you to "follow the science" about other things.
I don't see the problem, as long as we all just ventilate our sentiments about the subject. The issue arises when poster X is belittling poster Y because of his preferences. I personaly believe it's perfectly GOOD news that there are posters absolutely digging this car! I'am just not one of them.

The "frustration" I feel and I admit, is based on former statements of Dukec and Van Hooydonck wrt the G8x grill, like: "we are fine with just 20% endorsing it" or "we don't do car clinics since the FB is crap anyway". So BMW just admits that they don't care what we think. I had the impression in the past they did.

I can follow your reasoning, this is not a car for the masses, and seen the specific high end target group, it will most probably sell beyond expectations! It certainly makes a visual statement and it will be packed with technology. When you search for something different, this is certainly candidate!
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25116.50
Teutonic2709.00