11-30-2021, 05:25 PM   #251
Cortexiphan
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasco View Post
and we all (generally) think that new BMW's look shite,
I disagree. If you look at Facebook, instagram accounts of BMW where this car was shared, way more people liked it or loved it than dislike or 'laugh', but then when you look at the comments section, you only see hate. Haters are louder and definitely more expressive.

Also they're usually shallow, childish, and toxic. Instead of saying, "it's not for me, I'll pass", you see a bunch of self-centered assumptions, insults on people who like it, attacking designers and calling them to be fired (because they're design experts), attacking BMW and suggesting "they lost it what they were thinking" (They're also BMW and business experts), weird inaccurate comparisons with ugly cars, (Like RAV 4 here, which looks NOTHING like this car), all under the a assumption that their opinion is the only true opinion and that you can only be an idiot to not agree with them. This is a mental condition that Internet gave us, unfortunately.
Those who are positive on the other hand, are timid against this hate, they don't want to be involved. What you usually hear from them, are some 1-2 sentences like: "I don't know I kinda like it, what's up with all the hate" sounding almost like they're in doubt with themselves, after seeing the flood of hate and weird attacks.
21’ G20 ///M340i

24' i20 iX xDrive50

Last edited by Cortexiphan; 11-30-2021 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 2