MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooper View Post
I get you, I'm no fan of wrong-wheel-drive either, but unfortunately there is only a very select few manufacturers left still doing RWD.

Besides, if the golden years of 90s BTCC is anything to go by, if the regulations are spot on, it can make for some extremely exciting racing regardless of whether the field has FWD, RWD or AWD entries. I have no idea if you've ever watched footage of that timeframe of BTCC, but if you haven't, I beg of you to go watch some youtube footage of it and report back.
In my opinion, it was by far the best racing years of any racing category in recent memory. At the time, it was massively popular as it had what all racing fans truly want: very close racing, a wide variety of entrants and manufacturers, and crashes. Lots and lots of crashes.

EDIT: A good place to start
That was such fun to watch - loved it.... had the PS one game (wish I still had it). Crazy drivers, I think it was Tarquini that rolled the Alfa....

Yes I would watch that all day.... shall be clicking the link!