03-20-2019, 02:37 PM   #46
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Apex View Post
Shoes are overrated in my mind and are part of the problem. What is natural about cushions elevated heels or heavy support?..this weakens the muscles over time leading to injuries. I've run a lot of trails, half marathons and even knockout fourteeners in a very minimalist shoe from Inov8 for years. Guys I run or hike with take it a step further and use the Vibram five fingers and love em. Get back to the basics and what is natural. Joint longevity is a function of many things, including imbalances. As a species, we were not made to run on "air". I see shoes that literally have a giant air pocket spanning the sole of the shoe. Those who keep running on "air"...is a lame way to compensate for lack of muscle strength and bone density.
everything you say is very correct...

although some people won't think about it as deeply as you and I do and simply run for a minor hobby or just excercise...

My running shoes always look horrendous since I need massive cushion..

orthotics....what a stupid idea...unless that orthotics is welded to the bottom of your foot they aren't going to solve problems for ATHLETES.

Now all these cushion--orthotics do have a place. because people simply don't want go through the process of fixing imbalances or simply god just gave them a few imperfections or like myself many .

I run on a cushioned track sometimes... but rarely run as my whole my body is too imbalanced...buying a pair of magic shoes isnt going to solve much .it is extremely tedious work to fix gait problems...you have to buy in 100% into the process(shoes are maybe 1% of the battle)

OT:
I wear the nike air vomero line....

go to running company...find the best person...or tip them 20-30 dollars...and find the correct shoes for you. They'll spend time with you. And don't be afraid to drop 200 on a pair of nikes that look exactly like the ones online for 60 bucks....because they just aren't the same...I used to be a major cheap ass; but realized how much a difference good shoes can make.

I say that now purchasing a 30 dollar wheel brush...while I needed new shoes for over a month now

also shoes don't last more than half a year if worn daily and thats an overestimate.

TD;DR....make sure shoes still function like day 1 and make sure they fit.
Appreciate 0