02-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Welcome all

So, our carrier left Zeebrugge earlier today, at 2:36PM UTC, for Southampton, UK. Our ETA is to arrive there in about 3.5 hrs, so I figure we will be spending part of the night outside the port (unless they allow us to sail in during the night but I kind of doubt that). At least we're right on schedule

It seems to be pretty busy right now in the English Channel..

But thankfully there is a setting to make everyone else magically disappear

And here's an even better overview:

The air temperature is currently between 7.5 and 9 Celsius (abt 45-50F), and it seems the water temperature is about the same. 2 hours after we arrive, it will be high tide, which lasts until about 9 AM. There is about 5 NM visibility and there is currently a pretty strong headwind (which will get less by the time we get closer to port). The waves are about 1 meter high (about 3 feet), which is nothing to what we currently see in Hawaii (8 feet currently but a couple of weeks ago up to 20). And this concludes your current conditions.

Btw, for those wondering if I have nothing better to do: I guess I do but I don't really feel like it at the moment

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0