View Single Post
      04-14-2018, 11:00 PM   #9
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

I think this review is in many ways more beneficial that the standard - who is quicker/faster? For me - and as is said by most of us by now - it's a subjective decision - I wanted the best all round experience.

That all said, according to the review - and I am a fan of Autocar (and Steve Sutcliffe in particular) - I have bought the right car:

"The way the BMW so cleverly packages, harnesses and wields the complexity of its driving experience ends up being the icing on the cake of a driving experience that is a monument to its creators. This car may not have the sledgehammer grunt of its opposite number from Mercedes-AMG, but it takes the super-saloon into new territory anyway with the remarkable, multi- faceted breadth of its CV. Want the handling agility and adjustability of a proper rear-driven sports car? Or the dynamic security and stability of an Audi RS, perhaps? Or to run with a Porsche 911 Turbo over a standing quarter? Or just to sit back and devour mile after mile of high-speed motorway in first order comfort and luxury? It’s all here.

The M5 does the lot. And a car that so plainly advances its breed, setting new standards as a driver’s car as it goes, can only be a winner.

1st - BMW M5: Stellar return to form for the super-saloon pioneer. Fast, balanced, involving and so multi-talented."
Appreciate 0