02-19-2019, 09:26 AM   #90
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Has anyone ever been hit backing out? I'm 45, driven seven figures of miles and can't really even think of a close call. I will not waste other's time with this stupid practice. Unless you're driving a 28 foot long pickup, this is silly.
I'm sure someone has. Me personally, I've been backed into by someone parked head-in who was reversing out of her spot. And just yesterday I was at Target and witnessed a woman back straight into a row of shopping carts being pushed inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
Pull straight in if you want, but those who choose to do differently aren't doing anything stupid or unnecessary.
This. And in my own experience, I've more often encountered people taking forever or parked crooked head-in than back-in. Might be a regional thing, but very few people back in where I live, so the vast majority of lousy drivers are pulling head-in anyway. Not to mention driving poorly on actual public roads.

But this is all an aside. I can't control what others do. I prefer to back in for my own reasons, so I will continue to do so in most instances.
Appreciate 0