jokinawa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdesign7 View Post
@toddwalton damn. I was looking forward to that. Don't know much about the coding stuff. Is it easy?
Yes, takes about 30 minutes in one of those body shops you find in a rental industrial park. They plug a laptop into the computer port under the drivers dash, run some code, and make any tweaks you want. They'll give you a menu of what's available. The guy near me who does mine sent me these options for the X7:

Good afternoon. Great to hear from you and congrats on the X7!! Attached is a list of options for your vehicle. We'll continue to add more updates in the coming months.

Some of the available options for G07 now include:
dvd/video in motion
auto start stop memory
tailgate closing
disabling interior alarm sensor
disabling seatbelt chimes
disabling seatbelt reminders in the cluster
disabling the obd alarm
set seat memory to remember last setting

We charge $170 for the service. This quote includes UNLIMITED CODING options - as many or as few items as you would like. Also includes free recoding as long as you own your vehicle. You'll get free recoding as more items become available as well.

Perfectly safe, on the up and up, there is a coding section on several BMW forums and the people there can tell you who is reliable in your area. Its also something you can do on your own with a special cable and your own laptop, but I don't mess with that, I just get a local expert to do it.
If you wait a bit longer the BimmerCode app will most likely have all of these and be cheaper. It is extremely simple to do with that.