View Single Post
      06-12-2019, 06:54 AM   #86
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
So.... third row lack of vents. How bad is it?
Just bought our X7 Msport today and do not have Cold Weather Package. We DID have a passenger front door not function properly.

When you pull the handle, the door doesn’t really open. You have to really yank hard on the handle. Sales guy was perplexed so the dealer is going to fix it before we take it home, hopefully tomorrow.
We’ve only had a handful of very hot days so far and I was smart enough to never mention my ordering faux pas and my daughter has yet to complain. Will probably be a different story when my youngest, who easily gets car sick, has to go in the third row when we have all the kids home from school and travel extensively in the summer.

So far the primary consequence of not having air vents in the third row is that you have to hit the MAX AC button and leave it engaged for a lengthier time period and that makes the front seat passengers uncomfortable because of the longer period of thrust of cold air on them.

The other important factor is how one points the air vents in the door jambs in the second row which if done properly can get AC to the third row making the situation less severe, but that means the second row passengers are a bit compromised. The whole thing reeks. BMW should be ashamed of this decision to be so cheap on something so basic in a $100K vehicle.
Appreciate 2
Wild Blue3683.50