Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma_335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khrushchev View Post
I agree with you about the quality of this article. Although I am fairly confident that winter tires make the ride louder, not the other way around. Here is something to consider.
Actually summer tires are louder. I drove on Summer and Winter tires, and I agree with the other guy, summer tires are louder. When I have my summer tires on my car its extremely loud.
Summer tires are generally more quiet as the rubber compound is softer. Living in Florida, my only experience is summer vs all season, and summer tires are much quieter than all season's.
Backwards. Winter rubber is the softest you can get, by design. Stays more pliable in colder weather which aids grip. Rubber compound and tread patter are both significant factors that contribute to road noise.
Good to know. As I said, I don't have any experience with winter tires. Only summer and all seasons. And the softer rubber compound (summer tires) are much more quiet than the all seasons. If winter tires are even softer rubber compound than summer, I would certainly agree with you that winter tires must be very quiet.