2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultattoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
My wife did the same. Great job by BMW putting the garage door buttons on the mirror that the wife yanks down every time she gets in the car, was just a matter of time.

The X7 spoiler survived just fine; the garage door needed a panel replaced and it took 2 weeks to get from the garage door factory. Turns out the parts are made to order and take forever.
I never had the opener on the mirror. Still waiting for my X7. Is it hard to use? Does the mirror move every time you open or close the garage door? It does seem like a stupid place for it.
BMW has been putting the garage door opener buttons on the mirrors on most of their models for a long time now (mid level and higher models it is standard equipment in the US market). My experience has been no issues at all with regards to using the buttons and not moving the mirror - it really is a no-brainer.

That said, the comment above about the wife "yanking" on the mirror and hitting the garage opener buttons on the mirror I think is a typical example of the differences of attention to detail between men and women when it comes to car stuff . My wife is no different. When it comes to cars, my wife's attention to detail and situational awareness sucks compared to mine. At our last house, my wife somehow managed to hit the side of the garage while backing out one time, with no obstructions in the way. Yet in our current house, with a smaller and much tighter garage, I can back in with near pin point accuracy on a daily basis (she parks outside now ).

We each have our strengths and weaknesses.....

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0