United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgman View Post
Eeks! That's living on the edge.

You are right about the mileage on the "D" being an asset in a situation like that, but I recall hearing that the downside of actually running out of fuel in a diesel is much worse than running out of fuel in a gas car -- something about engine damage is what I'm picturing.
Running out of diesel is a serious problem because it is hard to prime the pump when after refilling the tank. Yes, that is a major worry and a true disadvantage of a diesel engine. I remember helping a friend after he replaced the head on a diesel Peugeot. There was actually a pump built into the fuel line in the engine compartment to manually get the fuel up there. I dont know about engine damage. Maybe the pump might get damage if you crank it a lot after running out of fuel... I dont recall anything in the 335d manual about what to do after running out of fuel, but I could have missed it.

I finally got paid today and took the check to the bank. I hit my reserve on the way home. My check should clear the bank in the morning and so my first stop is the bank auto teller and then a gas station with diesel. Next, Starbucks and maybe this frickin caffein deficit headache will go away. Sucks running out of money, that blue ray drive I bought turned out to be a big mistake.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0