View Single Post
      04-14-2007, 11:55 AM   #11
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Yeah I was quite shocked that the RS4 could be lighter, anyway, would you not think the RS5 would be more of a competitor for the E92 M3 ? I thought the RS4 would be more of an E90 M3 competitor....
You're basically right, but in the last years there was neither a RS5 nor a M3 sedan, so we all did already get used to the comparison between RS4 and M3 coupe. So the M3 will at first have to take on the RS4. IF it is better (who will determine this, the magazines??) than the RS4, the Audi devotees (OT: the guys that are so sure about the RS4 being far better than the "imitating" M3 - did anybody read the m3 thread on rs6.com??) will say: They didn't compare the real competitors WTF!
So afterwards the M3 Coupe will be compared to the RS5; this could be a closer race because of the RS5 being a whole generation newer than the RS4. BUT 1) Will the RS5 really be better?? and 2) When will it come out???

Finally I don't expect to big differences between E90 M3 and E92 M3 so a comparison between the E92 and RS4 will already give a good prediction for the E90. How much the RS5 can be better than the RS4? I don't know! But do you expect the RS5 being so much better?

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0