01-13-2021, 04:05 PM   #57
FredGarvin
Rep
Drives: GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afishinado View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
Drove the new Yukon when deciding between Denali, x5, and x7. All could be the right choice for a person. All have some pros/cons. The gm vehicle is just huge inside and out....I don't need that much space, so ruled it out. Still a cool mode of transportation, though. X7 was great too. Ended up with x5, solely due to size. I need nothing bigger. If wanted something slightly larger, would go x7. If wanted something ginormous, would go Denali.
Doing due diligence...... I am looking at buying something different than my Tahoe (driving my 3rd). Until 3 years ago I was doing about 35k a year, now retired and down to less than 10k. Opened doors for this next car, leasing being one thing. At 70, one starts to think about how many more new cars have I got left? I don't need a large vehicle anymore, but I like it! Used to tow a 22' boat back'n'forth NJ-FL, don't do that anymore, but now I drive FL-SD, rest of the time car mostly sits in the garage. Now, it's a X7, GLS 450, Tahoe Z71, or a Lincoln, Aviator.....
I'm more or less in the same situation - retired, long drives twice a year to enjoy the snowbird's life. I've added the new Escalade to my list instead of the Tahoe due to it's optional and excellent SuperCruise. It's a little sad to say, but as you age you begin to think about medical situations that might hit you while driving - at least you should.
Appreciate 0