View Single Post
      10-10-2022, 12:49 PM   #89
BMW5and7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X7;X5;S-Class;Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysal View Post
Hey there! This is my first post so be gentle! I have scoured the forum here already but can't seem to find enough info. I am getting a new 2023 X7 40i in a few weeks and had a questions about Tire Warrantee pricing and if anyone had any good recommendations. Im in MA. The dealer wants $3800 plus for their 5 year warrantee which seems way out of wack and is a hard pass. My previous cars have all been in the $1800 to $2600 range.

1) Can I only buy the BMW tire & wheel package at the time of purchase?
2) Any other recommendations on fair market pricing?
3) Or can you recommend another dealer, if it's an option, who has more seasonable pricing?

Thanks all in advance.
What!!!?? $3800!!?? For what?
Man just don’t get any and next time you change your tires get a warranty for each tire which costs ~$20-30 bucks per tire!. You can also buy a warranty after the fact if your tires are still brand new (few 100s of miles).
Wheels, no warranty for me (waste of money). You would rarely ever need wheels warranty if you have 21" or 22". If you got the 23", sorry, but it was a huge mistake (poor ride quality, super expensive/rare tires, an a ton of costly wheels damage with time on roughs roads "the X7 is too heavy for the 23")

Some tire shops can also sell you a warranty even though u didn’t buy the tire from them. Check “Discount Tires” I buy warranty from them for the tires on my new vehicle, sometimes for less than $30 a tire as long as the tire still looks new. FYI- they do flat tire fix for free for anyone, lol (even if you don't have a warranty or didn't buy tires from them, they fire flat tires for free for anyone!!!).

If you have the 23” wheels, that’s a difference story. I’d never get the 23”. I have 21” on both of my X7s and never had issues finding a tire (ever from Costco) and have paid less then 25 bucks for warranty on each tire.

As rule of thump (for me): never ever buy any options warranties from BMW directly at time of purchase. Don't get excited. Get the vehicle, do your research, and buy later when you have the time to think about all the options you truly need. Don't let them get you with expensive warranties while you are excitied for your new baby/vehicle.

Last edited by BMW5and7; 10-10-2022 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0