View Single Post
      12-08-2005, 03:02 PM   #17
jdbunda
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91

I did almost the same test drive, and I quite agree with your assessment. While the 330i has more power, it isn't like I was stunned by the incredible acceleration compared to the 325i. Makes me suspect that the power difference isn't as great as the specs suggest. Both examples I drove had the sport package, and I was surprised that the 325i felt a little lighter and more tossable, perhaps the 17" wheels are lighter?

I also was pleasantly surprised by the leatherette - it is far better than the vinyl from the old days, as you said, nearly indistinguishable from leather, and much easier to care for. Interesting.

I was underwhelmed by the beige interior, I just didn't think the color of the plastics was quite right. I was surprised, as I normally like this color in bimmers, but like the E46, I don't think it quite works for me.

I was surprised by my reaction to the available colors. My last two cars have been black, and while I think it looks awesome when clean, it's tough to keep it that way. The dealer had most colors in stock, I think I've seen them all now, and I'm not blown away by any of them.
Appreciate 0