View Single Post
      08-15-2005, 10:41 PM   #12
teamgomez
Rep
Drives: '04 SMG M3

I've used the CR Spotless on my Zaino beauties for a couple years now (both b/f they shipped cartridges and after they designed units suitable for shipping) and, unfortunately, have found another product that I won't be happy if I ever have to live without it...

It used to drive me nuts to pop the hood only to find all the water that got in there were now white rings or while driving away after DRYING the car/SUV, the pooled water would run down the side and I would be the miserable sap two blocks away getting out with a towel to wipe the streaks down. These problems were solved after a buddy of mine that I race with came over with a DI water unit that he got to rinse the RV/Trailer down with. One look at the results and I got hooked.

There's a learning curve to the whole process and over the years I've managed to go thru a couple pressure washers and modify my routine a little. Big factor number 1: Get a 1gpm pressure washer. This will reduce your lifetime DI cartridge units by nearly a factor of 2. My first pressure washer was just under a 2 gpm unit, but after doing the math, I found a Black and Decker 1500 1 GPM unit and now my cartridges seem to last forever (well, around 6 weeks doing 2 washes/week + house windows once/mo).

I've also learned how to 'sweep' the car down with the fan sprayer that gets all the soap off. I rinse w/ DI, use reg water in the bucket, soap the top, DI rinse, soap side, DI rinse, etc, and then pull it in the garage to drip dry. Next am, mist some Z6 or Z8 and it looks like somebody just spent the weekend working over the car.

Hope this helps-

~John
Appreciate 0