View Single Post
      02-27-2014, 07:15 PM   #15
Kludge
Rep
Drives: Prius -> M4

Who is Offering ED?

So I just spoke to my dealer. He has the price sheet and he want's me to come in and spec-out my car. He still isn't taking orders, so he isn't asking for a security deposit, but he must be expecting some allocations soon enough that he will take my deposit now if I want to give it to him. (Back in early January he wouldn't take it at all.)

I want European Delivery. I love the idea of picking up my car in Germany and touring around Europe. I don't mind the discounts either.

My dealer is saying he doesn't know if ED is going to be possible on this model year M4. At first I thought he was saying that BMW just wasn't going to allow it. This didn't make sense, since we've all already seen the price sheet with the ED costs.

In fact, the dealer mentioned this himself. I said it doesn't make sense and then he slipped up... Apparently BMW makes special allocations of some models available specifically for ED. US dealers can sell these cars and it has no effect on their dealer allocations.

However, any BMW sold by a US dealer can be slated for ED from the dealer's allocation. My dealer has no plans to do this at the moment. My salesman says that they already have list of buyers greater than their allocation. (In other words, my dealer is expecting to get at or better than MSRP for now and the foreseeable future.)

The questions I have now are what to do? Is there a US dealer that is taking orders for ED? Is my dealer full of shit and he's going to be chock full of unused allocations a month from now? I want to be driving around Germany around July/August, not October/November, if I decide to wait, how long might I end up waiting and is there a chance that I not only loose my position in line right now, but I don't get in line again this year?

This is frustrating!!!
Appreciate 0