View Single Post
      02-22-2006, 12:02 PM   #37
Steved
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant

No not as a daily driver. In fact I'm using it almost exclusively as a track car and we've made occasional trips the Nurburgring and Spa Franchorchamps. I find the CSL too hyper-active to be used every day, it always wants to have fun and never likes to just travel. The noise it makes is very anti-social and it's impossible to drive it in a well behaved and responsible manner. Every corner is an opportunity to slide the tail.

Mine has a straight through exhaust with 100 cell racing cats so develops around 370bhp. it's fitted with 6-pot AP racing brakes and Padid RS19 endurance racing pads. It was delivered from the factory delimited and I've had the change to test its top speed when driving in Germany.

One time I took it to an indicated 7400rpm in 6th gear after reaching the rev-limiter in 5th. If gearing was correct that would equate to 193mph (the speedo needle was wound against the lock stop beyond 185). I suppose real speed was somewhere in the 180mph range. It's such a good car the CSL and I just can't resist owning the E92 version. Imagining a 4 litre V8 with the same kind of carbon airbox would be pure magic..
Appreciate 0