08-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
Guys, as you know I just got my JB two days ago, and so far I am actually impressed by the fact that it does not get dirty too quickly and how easy it is to clean (may be thanks to a high quality waxed used by BMW when they detail the cars?).
Since I had been caught in a storm on Thursday night, there was a lot of sand on the car so I yesterday I quickly stopped at a self car wash. Within 30 minutes I had soaped, rinsed and dryed the car with micro fiber towels...and voila: the car was spotless!! Today again, it survived a whole day of puddles, showers, etc... along the Outer Banks. I will try to post pics again, but it looks like there are often too large to be uploaded (I need to find a way to reduce their size...any ideas?). As per the clear bra is concerned, I just think it is probably not worth the money, the hassle to put/remove and the visible line in the middle of the hood.

Just my 2 cents.
I don't think BMW puts wax on their cars. I think they leave it up to the dealer to do this. Most don't do such a great job; it would be better to go to a detailer that you trust. However, I've heard (can't verify though) that Germans use a softer clear coat over their paint so that it doesn't crack (is not as brittle I suppose) as easily when a rock hits it. Maybe this is why it seems not to get dirty too soon?

You can put the clear bra over all of the hood, then there will be no visible lines in the middle.