04-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #20
M3AN M3
This Guy>
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 Evo X GSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I am a big Evo fan. I owned an 05 Evo 8 and an 08 Evo X. As for the Evo X, I had Ohlins DFV coilovers, upgraded the brakes and a tune. That was it. Still way too loud for me. Cruising at 80mph on the highway there is a ton of road and engine noise. The seats were great for short trips... They do not have any lumbar support so on long trips it really hurt. The Evo 8 seats were a lot better in that aspect.

You might be better off selling your car or parting it out. It is pretty hard to sell a modified car unless it is exactly what the buyers want. Aftermarket parts do not add value to the car.
Beauty! I think Im going to miss it, and your 100% right.. its hard as hell to sell a modded car.. here in Canada new Evos are 55k I think I would sell mine with the 35k in parts for close to 50.. a really good deal for some one who wants a Evo and wants a track/road beast.. that will be a small amount of people willing :S Parting would be a pain in the ass.. and would take for ever to sell everything quick enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
haha evo's are beasts... id get one over a sti anyday! couple monthes ago, i was actually about to trade in my g37 for a evo 10 gsr, but i just decided to ride a little more and upgrade! hope you find a m3 you like!
hell ya!! A lot of ex STi owners come to the dark side and love the Evos!! I like both cars but would take the Evo over an Sti any day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmmmm View Post
You'll find an m3 slow and numb after driving an Evo. That had been my experience after coming out of a 400whp 350z.
Thanks buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
That is true, but at least you won't feel like you are 21-years old all the time when you're behind the wheel.

As a young professional, pulling up in a modded car, slammed to the ground with a crazy exhaust isn't good for business. LOL
This is how I feel! So many ppl want to line me up and V8 muscle cars think its a little slow rice rocket... kinda right other then slow.. lined up a brand new Camaro SS and made it look like it was stopped... the next light he had a huge smile and said HOLY SH!t that thing goes, Crazy how quick you can make thos little 2L's LOL

But your right, Im 27yrs old and I want something a little classy!! Ill forget abut the power of the Evo and suck it up!
Appreciate 0