View Single Post
      10-13-2018, 03:15 PM   #3
ILM_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbx5 View Post
I had long ago ordered a fully loaded X4 M40i carbon black and never got a production number. No allocations. No commitments.

Then in July I ordered a G05 X5 40i with MSport and immediately got a production number. I am in assembly now according to the garage site.

Today my dealer called and said the X4 arrived and while I don’t have to take it he wants me to come see it Monday after it’s prepped.

I am a technology freak so I think the X5 is the right next move and I should sit tight but this would be my 7th X5 car...so I’m torn as to what to do.

The cost of both is roughly the same. The X4 is a lot more exclusive in that there’s severely limited production as compared to X5 but that in and of itself doesn’t motivate me.

What would you do?
Limited production or limited demand? Limited production implies that there is a production quota that artificially creates excess demand.

I certainly don't see many X4s around CLT. However, having a second residence in the GSP area, I can tell you that there are considerably more X4s than X5s. I posit the reason for such a difference has to do with considerably more favorable residuals for employees at the plant helping to boost the X4's sales numbers.

I don't see anything "exclusive" about an X4, just a less practical vehicle.